list of axle ratio options? (esp in 3/4 and 1 ton)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

columnshift

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 heavy half (retired)
Engine Size
I'm curious what is out there for swapping options...

I'm aware there were GM 12 bolts with all the way to 2.29 ratios, even in the pickup trucks I *think* for the 1/2 ton, but i'm especially curious if there were any 2-series ratios available in 3/4 ton or 1 ton axles especially in 4x4 models.

Aftermarket swaps and even different axle options which are not available stock are all fair game for suggestions. Something from ford or dodge would be fine if it could be swapped over without excessive difficulty.

I'm actually wanting to build a Suburban with the highest ratio (lowest numerical) ratio possible despite being a 3/4 ton made for hauling - intended to make the gearing work with transmission technology instead of the axle to get a heavy load started. (granny gear transmissions, underdrive boxes if necessary, etc. My other thread considered even eaton and spicers from medium duties which have first gears in the 7.00 to 9.00 range so i'm not concerned about getting moving.) Also considering 1:1 direct top gears just like the modern semi trucks which give better MPG (no transmission loss with no gears) as long as the rear axle has the engine turn the right speed.

Best I can figure out so far is about 3.07 gears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx