lights/turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Now firstly let me say electrics are not my strong point. So if anyone can point me in the right direction with this one I'd be very grateful!

All was fine until one day I used my hazard lights. After that when I switch on my lights the left turn signal on the dash illuminates and I have no turn signals.

Now last week I fitted a new front bumper with new turn signals. I switched on the lights and all appeared fine. Running lights and turn signals all ok. But I noticed a rear bulb was out. Changed it and now I have no front running lights, the left turn on the dash lit and no turn signals. Turn off the lights and the turn signals work.....

Where do I start? Any ideas anybody?

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
It may be a ground issue at the light socket, thats where i would start. When you loose the ground it back feeds through the indicator lights in the dash.

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thanks John. I'll start there. On a side note, is there anywhere I can download a wiring diagram for my C10?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Last edited:

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Awesome. Thanks!

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
When mine started acting all weird like that (certain lights working at certain times, then not working at other times) changing the flashers fixed it for less that $20. However, the new one ticks so softly that I can't hear it when my signals are on. Gotta make sure to keep an eye on that so I'm not going down the road for 20 miles with my signal on like I'm 90 years old.