Lens for clock cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
So I put a clock in my dash, and butchered my lens in the process. Anyone have an extra? I checked lmc but their clocks have the adjuster in a different place.

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Is the cluster face different for a clock other than a small hole?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Over the years the clock face design must have changed a little. I pulled a junkyard faceplate to use on my ‘75 and was surprised to find the hole for the clock adjustment didn’t match my old one. Had to drill a 2nd hole in the plastic.

Bruce

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Over the years the clock face design must have changed a little. I pulled a junkyard faceplate to use on my ‘75 and was surprised to find the hole for the clock adjustment didn’t match my old one. Had to drill a 2nd hole in the plastic.

Bruce
I think it did. I’ve seen a couple different variations, some are at the top, and some are down at the bottom like mine.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i mean, a new lens isnt expensive. you cuold just find dimensionally off your current one where the hole should go and make a mark and cut. If you need a used front piece.. im guessing you cuold get a 35 dollar cluster not working with broken mounts on ebay for that

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I had one laying around with the lower clock hole and a rubber grommet around it. It had an ear or two broken, but if I can find it, I’ll send it to you. Hopefully someone didn’t throw it away.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I had one laying around with the lower clock hole and a rubber grommet around it. It had an ear or two broken, but if I can find it, I’ll send it to you. Hopefully someone didn’t throw it away.
Thanks, I’ll take you up on that.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
i mean, a new lens isnt expensive. you cuold just find dimensionally off your current one where the hole should go and make a mark and cut. If you need a used front piece.. im guessing you cuold get a 35 dollar cluster not working with broken mounts on ebay for that
Yea I thought about that after I posted. I could just drill out a new one.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
It’s your lucky day. Sorry for the delay, been busier than ever lately. Looks like I was right. A partially broken ear and then there might be one completely missing; can’t remember right now. You can have it under two conditions. One, promise to stop drilling glory holes in your cluster lens. That’s not what it’s used for. Two, you cover the postage/shipping.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
It’s your lucky day. Sorry for the delay, been busier than ever lately. Looks like I was right. A partially broken ear and then there might be one completely missing; can’t remember right now. You can have it under two conditions. One, promise to stop drilling glory holes in your cluster lens. That’s not what it’s used for. Two, you cover the postage/shipping.

Dude you are awesome! Ok, I promise, no more drilling lol.
I’ll pm you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat