LED Taillights from LMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

royedwards23

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello guys,

This is my first post. I am glad to be in this group. I have a question. I have recently just purchased a 1982 GMC step side. I would like to change the tail lights to the LED ones on the LMC website. LMC does not offer a very good description of their products on their website. I have seen some really cool LED lights on square bodies on youtube. When you turn your blinker on, it goes from left to right or right to left with the lights depending on which way you turn your blinker on.

My question is do the LMC LED lights do this? or do I need to buy a certain brand??

Thanks guys.

Roy

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I would suggest calling LMC for a product inquiry before you buy. I have bought several LMC products during the resto mod build of my squarebody. While most of their products are straightforward, I have found that their electrical products don't come with instructions. It seems to be hit or miss...perhaps its the employees who final package the products for shipping. Sometimes with leds, if you cross wire the connections it can lead to burning up the circuit board. Hopefully the LMC tail lights are plug and play.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I would suggest calling LMC for a product inquiry before you buy. I have bought several LMC products during the resto mod build of my squarebody. While most of their products are straightforward, I have found that their electrical products don't come with instructions. It seems to be hit or miss...perhaps its the employees who final package the products for shipping. Sometimes with leds, if you cross wire the connections it can lead to burning up the circuit board. Hopefully the LMC tail lights are plug and play.

I'd assume its like any other model chevy trucks the way the aftermarket leds hook up, theres a connector that resembles the connector on the base of a normal tail light bulb, which gets plugged into the bulb's socket, if you hook it up backwards it will not work, as LED stands for light emitting diode, a diode being a component allowing currentflow in one direction, so if it doesnt work when you hook them up, reverse the connectors polarity (turn the connector 180 degrees) and youll be good!

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
I'd assume its like any other model chevy trucks the way the aftermarket leds hook up, theres a connector that resembles the connector on the base of a normal tail light bulb, which gets plugged into the bulb's socket, if you hook it up backwards it will not work, as LED stands for light emitting diode, a diode being a component allowing currentflow in one direction, so if it doesnt work when you hook them up, reverse the connectors polarity (turn the connector 180 degrees) and youll be good!

I have purchased other electonic and electrical components ( headlight warning chime, electric window replacement motors and horn assemblies) from LMC and there weren't any connection diagrams included. On a side note, not all leds or more importantly, individual leds, strands that are not pre-wired can be troublesome to conmect. In some cases reversing polarity and voltage spikes can ruin them. The plug and play setups are easy to connect since the soldering and wiring has already been done. I haven't looked into LMC's tail lights. I fabbed my own since leds are very inexpensive and easy to buy in bulk.

royedwards23

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks guys for the response. I will call LMC before I buy them.

How do I post a picture?

royedwards23

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is a picture of my 1982 GMC Stepside. I just purchased it and looking forward to fixing it up for my 4 year old son.

You must be registered for see images attach

royedwards23

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I guess you can tell that I figured out how to post a picture. LOL

Last edited:

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Nice truck. You don't see many stepside squares these days. My first square was a stepside, then after a accident, I had to swap the bed to a fleetside. Easy to work on and abundant parts. Keep us posted on your build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76