Kobalt vs dewalt for a sawzall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Not trying to harp, but imho, this one here is the one to get. Powerful, compact and the blade can mount with the deadly side facing 4 different ways.

You must be registered for see images attach
That’s the one I’m leaning towards, it’s only $4 more than the standard one.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

this isnt a sawzall obviously, but in the discussion here I have found the little 12 volt guy to be pretty darn cool, but even the extended 12 volt battery doesnt give it a long lasting life and the speed is lower. but it is handy.
My only other good sawzall is a old 18 volt nicad kind. The sucker is heavyyyyy. the battery life is OK with the aftermarket batteries which I should prob just get an adapter. but im gonna hate myself until i finally buy a true and modern one. the corded ones heavy too :(

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I know I am late to the party but for anyone reading this down the road. I worked at Lowes years ago and have family who is in management there. There is no comparison between Dewalt and Kobalt. If you are a homeowner who wants a saw to cut the occasional limb or thin piece of metal etc. the Kobalt will work. But if you plan on using it with any regularity or anything with any hardness at all you don't want the Kobalt. When Kobalt first came to Lowes they were mechanics tools and supposed to compete with Craftsman. They had a lifetime warranty etc. Their original line of mechanics tools were good. Like everything else, quality has dropped since the 90's and their power tools are base model stuff.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Im still using my 18v dewalt stuff lol. I've had it since the late 2000's and they still work great. Even my grandparents older than my 18v's are still chuggin.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Im still using my 18v dewalt stuff lol. I've had it since the late 2000's and they still work great. Even my grandparents older than my 18v's are still chuggin.
io would hope your grandparents are older than people who are younger than me (gen z, zoomers) lol

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude.
One time, I locked keys in a car and called a locksmith. He asks "Is that the best forty bucks you ever spent or what?!"
'Hell no' I says- that was only 40 bucks I had to spend."

Anyways! I started thinking about it.

The best $40 I ever spent?

One time I bought a HYPER TOUGH brand cordless sawzall for forty bucks and it is definately in the top finishers of that list.
Listen extra batteries are available.
I have two batteries and I think if I had THREE batteries, that would be sufficient to provide non-stop use.

I've cut entire TREES. DOWN. with this bad mother, four I think.- it's worth WAY MORE than forty dollars.

And it's fun AF to play with p.s. :drunk:

Ive got it out here to trim trees at my sister's house with it tomorrow. I oughta charge her 40 bucks...you diggin that big assed blade aintcha? Mmhmm.

This is what I bought to replace a burnt up chainsaw!
Forty dollars.
I think the extra battery was 12 bucks more? :shrug: helluva deal - that thing there. :ehcapt:

Attachments

• 20220111_015845.jpg
    20220111_015845.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Dude.
One time, I locked keys in a car and called a locksmith. He asks "Is that the best forty bucks you ever spent or what?!"
'Hell no' I says- that was only 40 bucks I had to spend."

Anyways! I started thinking about it.

The best $40 I ever spent?

One time I bought a HYPER TOUGH brand cordless sawzall for forty bucks and it is definately in the top finishers of that list.
Listen extra batteries are available.
I have two batteries and I think if I had THREE batteries, that would be sufficient to provide non-stop use.

I've cut entire TREES. DOWN. with this bad mother, four I think.- it's worth WAY MORE than forty dollars.

And it's fun AF to play with p.s. :drunk:

Ive got it out here to trim trees at my sister's house with it tomorrow. I oughta charge her 40 bucks...you diggin that big assed blade aintcha? Mmhmm.

This is what I bought to replace a burnt up chainsaw!
Forty dollars.
I think the extra battery was 12 bucks more? :shrug: helluva deal - that thing there. :ehcapt:
I mean ive cut down trees with a smaller blade :oops:

But they were small trees. mostly just branches. Doing it overhead is quite exhaustive tho because the NIMH battery and the slugger 15-20 year old sawzall make it heavy

But i dont own a pole saw nor am I going to go around with a ladder and snips either lol
40$ ish got me two NiMH batteries to replace the original NiCd ones which were all one second charge old

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I will never give Kobalt or Lowes another dime unless I have no other choice. Their warranty is virtually meaningless as they seem to continually discontinue and replace items in their catalog and then refuse to replace broken items that are discontinued. A pox on their house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84