Just purchased a 76 gmc crew dually- it needs help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goggles Pisano

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
What does the sticker in the glovebox say? What trim level is it?
You must be registered for see images attach

here is the trim tag from the glove box. it does say its two tone but not sure on the moldings. thanks for your help

Goggles Pisano

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Thanks. Do you think its unusual to have a GMC truck with a Silverado option? T

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
It’s impossible. Does the VIN on the glovebox match the VIN on the truck? You’re going to need to start posting some pictures.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thanks. Do you think its unusual to have a GMC truck with a Silverado option? T
Are you sure that's the original glove box? AFAIK Silverado was only a Chevy trim, the GMC high level trim was Sierra

If the VIN matches maybe your truck is really a Chevy with a GMC grille? Do you have the title or just a bill of sale?

Pictures of the whole truck would help. Inside and out.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Are you sure that's the original glove box? AFAIK Silverado was only a Chevy trim, the GMC high level trim was Sierra

If the VIN matches maybe your truck is really a Chevy with a GMC grille? Do you have the title or just a bill of sale?

Pictures of the whole truck would help. Inside and out.
I worked with a guy who owned a 73-75 (i cant remember) chevy c10 that came factory screw up with a gmc grille! They called about it to bitch and got the real story

Goggles Pisano

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Ok took a look at vin,title and trim tag all match. So If truck is a Chevy Vin should start with a C and if GMC starts with a T? The first digit on vin, title and trim tag is a T. thanks.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
If that all matches it’s a Sierra Classic with a mistake on the SPID. It’s the same option YE9.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
If that all matches it’s a Sierra Classic with a mistake on the SPID. It’s the same option YE9.

So is the Sierra Grande a lower trim level than the Classic?

@Goggles Pisano Did you buy the truck like that, or did you end up lowering it? Very cool looking truck, looks like it doesn't have any rust either! What are your plans for this truck?

Here is the current state of my 76 GMC, plan to leave the body just the way it is and making it mechanically sound & road safe. Years later may do a frame off on it, but for now I want to have fun with it. No engine in it, yet.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
So is the Sierra Grande a lower trim level than the Classic?

@Goggles Pisano Did you buy the truck like that, or did you end up lowering it? Very cool looking truck, looks like it doesn't have any rust either! What are your plans for this truck?

Here is the current state of my 76 GMC, plan to leave the body just the way it is and making it mechanically sound & road safe. Years later may do a frame off on it, but for now I want to have fun with it. No engine in it, yet.

Sierra Grande is like a Scottsdale but was the highest trim level until 75 I believe.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Sierra Grande is like a Scottsdale but was the highest trim level until 75 I believe.

Interesting. I wonder if mine was supposed to have all that side trim? It doesn't have the back cab wrap around trim either....

Maineiac

Reaction score
First Name
Dwain
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10-k30
Engine Size
sbc
I was looking for trim other day found some at Classic Industries, the descriptions on website were weak. I would give them a call that was my plan. I have never ordered from them so any feed back would be helpful. I just picked up a k30 crew cab dually that I'm looking to build soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade