Interior color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thaddybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
i am replacing the pullstrap and armrest on the drivers side of my 87, the problem I have is i am not sure if its dark gray or dark blue. The truck is black and silver, so am not sure if it would be blue. The gray that LMC and Summit have is very light compared to what is in my truck. I dont want to replace anything else because it is all is very nice.

The p.o. says it is all original as far as he knows. The pics arent very good I know but any help would be great. I will try to get a few better pics tomarrow.

Anyone have an armrest this color they are willing to part with???

What does anyone think about different colored armrests and straps? The gray ones might look ok with the rest of the interior. Maybe put in new carpet inlays also.

Any ideas or help would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Thad

Attachments

• interior2.jpg
    interior2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 130
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 138
  • steeringwheel.jpg
    steeringwheel.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 147

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's a stock charcoal or "black" interior. The interior parts that LMC sells are just generic colors as an attempt to cover all model years with just a few colors. Your closest option is black.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Don't get too hung up in the details, if it's close nobody will notice. Take a look...

picture.php

didn't see it? how about this shot...

picture.php

Nobody has ever noticed that the dash pad doesn't match. It's oem light gray and everything else is light blue. Passengers seem to notice dirty interiors, how the truck runs, and how fast you're driving. They don't care about anything else.

Last edited:

thaddybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks for the advice. Would like to stay with the same color but I think I will go with the light gray and do just the drivers side for now and than do the other side later on.

Thanks again,

Thad

thaddybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So I headed out to the local junkyard today, found just what I was looking for. A truck with the same interior. Got my armrest and a few odds and ends pieces for spare parts. Also scored a cab visor. Pretty good day i guess, got everything for $30!!! Should say very good considering the kids that work there said that they crushed all the pre '90's vehicles last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksquare84