Interior cleaning for nasty interiors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
First i want to suggest to anyone owning a car you plan on doing your own work too..... save up around 250 bucks and buy a pressure washer from Harbor Freight or anyone you come across. As long as its over 2,000 psi.

My little brother was a detailer at a big dealership and told me when they take a trade in the first thing they do is open all the doors and start blasting out grime. After the battery gets disconnected and nothing can short out, everything including dashboards and radio's get blasted clean. Stain lifting Chemicals are applied to seats and carpet, thats how the pro's clean your average modern car.

My nephew spilled chocolate milk in the back of our 07 mustang and after a few days in the sun smelled rank as hell. The car was unbearable to drive so it got drastic. I disconnected the battery and got my pressure washer, I sprayed all the mess until it looked clean then got a shopvac to vacuum out the standing water on the floorboard. I put laundry detergent in a spray bottle and sprayed it on all the cloth interior, then i scrubbed to remove stains. The plastic door panels and dash i used dish soap. I rinsed all the soap out and sprayed the hell out of everything including the 6 disk changer stereo and dashboard and left the doors open a few days for it to dry.

So far i have done this to a 2007 GMC Sierra, 2007 Mustang, my 85 GMC and a 2009 F-250. Very effective for a dirty interior as long as you dont need the vehicle for at least 4 days.

*Just a warning, if you do this dont place your wand too close to the seat fabircs or the surface of electronics. If you have the right nozzle you can hold it up to a tire lug and watch it cut rubber.* Usually I hold the tip at least 6 inches away from anything that can be damaged.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Jesus
I never imagined pressure washing a fully loaded interior

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
It feels wrong at first, just go with it and make sure its dry before you add power. The results are worth it!

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
I don't even want to think about it rofl

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I used to detail cars at a Subaru dealership and they would have flipped out if I did that. I had to use a small bucket with Allbrite Purple carpet cleaner and a scrub brush on the carpets, Citrus Kleen on seats, door panels, stuff like that then dry with a huge shop vac. But when it came to dash and electronics it was all about a million Q-Tips. Q-Tips soaked in Citrus Kleen, followed by dry Q-Tips, followed by Q-Tips soaked in Nu-It. All we used was Allbrite stuff. Of course they couldn't let a car be unavailable for sale for several days for it to dry so I had to be done with 2 or 3 cars a day, inside and out. One thing they taught me to do that I thought was kinda nuts at first but then I learned it was the best way to do it, cleaning the windows with newspaper. No lint at all. I thought, "man these are some cheap bastards, that's how the bums do it!" But it works.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
i dunno if i would ever do that

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
It reminds me of a day in computer class when i was in high school. My computer teacher told us the best way to clean a keyboard is run water through it, everyone thought he was insane but he was right.

To this day the mustang has no problems, i was spraying water in the disk changer, steering column, air vents, door panels and pretty much everything. To this day absolutely no problems with it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Iman, you are farkin nuts. :laughing1: