Ignition Cylinder / Ignition Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacAgent

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Hello - question for anyone as I’m in need of help. I replaced my ignition switch and when I started the truck it started but the ignition cylinder would not line back up in the lock position. I’ve town it down and the Rack and Sector are in good shape. I replaced them anyway since I was there with LC parts.
Mu put the column back together and same issue. I’ve also purchase a new cylinder. I’m at a loss on what step to take next.

Ignition lines up, but when the pivot pins are inserted it is off again. I’m also thinking I was given a standard ignition switch instead of a tilt. Any ideas or tricks?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Hello - question for anyone as I’m in need of help. I replaced my ignition switch and when I started the truck it started but the ignition cylinder would not line back up in the lock position. I’ve town it down and the Rack and Sector are in good shape. I replaced them anyway since I was there with LC parts.
Mu put the column back together and same issue. I’ve also purchase a new cylinder. I’m at a loss on what step to take next.

Ignition lines up, but when the pivot pins are inserted it is off again. I’m also thinking I was given a standard ignition switch instead of a tilt. Any ideas or tricks?
If by standard switch you mean non tilt, you would have to flip the plugs in 180 to install them - you would know.

Since you mentioned pivot pins - have you tried adjusting the ignition switch while it is assembled?
Did the old tack and sector match the new ?

Any possibility the rod is bent ?

I'd do the adjustment first, BTW.

Good luck!

MacAgent

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Thank you, yes the old track and sector match the new. There isn’t any cracks with the old.

This is my first go at it, so to know if the rod is bent is beyond me. Same goes for the adjustment of the switch. I will move the switch to the lower position and see if that works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84