I have Zero gauges on my Vortec swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HillbilyDelux

Reaction score
First Name
Nils
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I bought my 1983 Chevrolet C30 3+3 Dually over 6 months ago. The motor has been swapped out for a 5.3 out of a 01 1500. The motor has been swapped to carbureted. I've been daily driving this truck sense I've had it. I've had little issue with it other than a fuel tank and clutch replacement. One thing that has been bothering me is that I only have a speedo and fuel gauge. the truck has all the original gauges including an oil psi, Coolant temp, and battery voltage, but none of them are hooked up. I've spent some time trying to track down the wires leading from the temp and pressure gauges, but had no luck. I'm not sure where exactly they lead but I assume the wires all come from the plug on the back of the cluster assembly, and are supposed to go through the firewall. I have an adaptor to the squarebody oil psi sending unit on top of the block. I think I should just need to connect wire coming from that psi gauge. I also bought an adaptor for the coolant temp. But I don't know if that is sent through a similar unit to the Oil PSI, or if its completely different.
I am wondering where all of these wires lead from the gauge cluster? I know they're all apart of a harness.
I am also curious if I should trust the original gauges? Or am I better off buying aftermarket ones, if so what brand?
Curious if somebody has knowledge on squarebody gauges and is also willing to share!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507