Howdy from Iowaaaah

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yup, I was having an 'elderly' moment...LOL. But in my defense, I did say it was a year or so since I owned it. :(

It's all good here. I seem to get rusty with all my knowledge at times too and need to be reminded or straightened out. I did get out of working on the vehicles for about 10 years and I had figured I'd have forgotten alot. Believe it or not, kinda like riding a bike. Once you get into talking about it again and doing it again, it all slowly comes back and as said, the occasional correction on the rustiness happens at times, and I even find out a thing or 2 I was told, taught or got bad info at one time or another. Point is, don't be afraid to jump in with what you know. If you're rusty or off a bit, someone will eventually catch it and you'll be corrected.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
Whew! Close call.. That scout was the first 4wd I ever owned, my third vehicle overall; it was worthless off road, mostly due to the tires but also to the auto hubs in front. Being a two wheeled wonder didn't help either. It had all the right stuff that folks today would die for in a scout, but back then..not so much.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Tires and some manual hubs that thing would probably have gone anywhere you could have made it go.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
I agree, but tires were few and far between that would fit the scout without a lift. General Grabbers and Monster mudders. Maybe a few others but not normally that small. There were a lot of Monster Mudder offshoots back then. Just every tire company had their version of the MM tire.

The scouts had a Jeep style suspension (that is OLD Jeep style LOL) Axles over spring-packs and front springs had leading shackles, but it also had D44's front and back. They were heavy duty vehicles.

Midwest4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome.. Nice looking rig

jlmohr76

Full Access Member