how to aligne panels perfectly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I am repaintng my k20 again as soon as t gets warmer because i am not happy with how it came out, and i really want my panels perfect when i am done.

Now i have heard of people alinging the cab?? can you do that?

So what is eveyones tips on aligneing my fenders doors and hood PERFECTLY!!??

thanks

Liam

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I am repaintng my k20 again as soon as t gets warmer because i am not happy with how it came out, and i really want my panels perfect when i am done.

Now i have heard of people alinging the cab?? can you do that?

So what is eveyones tips on aligneing my fenders doors and hood PERFECTLY!!??

thanks

Liam

These trucks NEVER had perfect body gaps like the newer vehicles. You can get them close but not perfect. If you want them perfect you are going to have to make them perfect by welding up or removing metal, a long and tedious task.

Never heard of aligning the cab. You need to make sure the cab is level on the frame. I would replace the cab and radiator core support bushings.

Align the doors to the cab, then the fenders to the door, leave the core support loose and get the hood opening as square as you can and then align the hood. You can move the core support around some to help the hood to fender gap.

It takes time and patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35