High quality Grills and window trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BadAction

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Is there a "best" place to get grill, headlight bezels and misc window trim for my 91? or is it all the same? I'd prefer OEM on the grill but it's not available anymore. :Insane: Thanks

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Stay away from ebay headlight bezel/grille. The ebay headlight bezels do not even fit in the place. Lmc ones are better but still tend to be off a bit on one of the mounting holes. Stock bezels refinished fit the best.

1BadAction

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Stay away from ebay headlight bezel/grille. The ebay headlight bezels do not even fit in the place. Lmc ones are better but still tend to be off a bit on one of the mounting holes. Stock bezels refinished fit the best.

Little gotchas like this are exactly why I asked. Thanks man!

Do you know of a place that refinishes the chrome? Or at least a process that I can use to strip it? My stock stuff is structurally sound, but the chrome is peeling bad.

Bouncy

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size

EXACTLY , they are junk ordered one a few weeks ago and nothing fits .
Keep looking for stock i know im goona

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Mine still have decent chrome, so i have not looked in to refinishing them yet. I would think either powder coating or some of the new spray on chrome applications would work.
LMC ones are not too bad on fitment and might be good enough untill nice set of factory items is found. When I replaced bezels and grille in my 85, I found that the cheapest ones fit fine, it just the quad headlight late model ones that have fitment issues. (Mainly because there are tighter tolerences on them as the fit overlaping the grille)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes