Help PLeasse!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryno_rx8

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
ok guys, got a 81 K10 with a 307, was originally a 6 cyl. It was running rough and decided to tune it up, plugs, cap, and rotor. Does have HEI ignition. So i get everything changed over and am plugging the connectors back into the cap, the 3 wire from distributor goes in fine and the single battery wire just comes loose from the source. It was half 14 guage wire half speaker wire. (Did i mention that this truck had none of the electrical working except for headlights and tail lights?) Nothing in side works besides the dome light. So back to my problem, i see the BAT wire should be going to a pink wire to ign. I can find no pink wire much less anywhere that looks like where the wire that came loose originated. I did some research and think any 12v switchable source should work. well no matter where i put the BAT wire, i get no fire, and now none of my lights work, at all. Stuck in a rut and need to have this fixed before i lose my mind. Thanks

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Take the cap and coil back apart and make sure all the components are in their place?

The hot wire to the dizzy can go to an unused "IGN" terminal in the fuse box.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I'd make sure where your hooking bat wire to has a good power supply. May have lost a fusable link from starter up to ignition or fuse box

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Try to find that pink wire - it's switched through the ignition key and should stay that way. Open the section of wiring conduit (cut any tape or wire ties off and pull the sheathing away) between the distributor and over to the master cylinder. There should be a white wire laying next to the pink - that white wire would supply a signal to to your tach, if you had one:

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man