Hello from New Hampshire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowlane

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hello everyone. I am Tim and this is my 1985 C20. I guess it is in pretty good shape for a vehicle that has gone through almost 30 Northeast winters. The bed is so-so but the frame and cab are good. It has a 1975 350 and TH400. I have been fixing it to use as a winter/stuff hauling vehicle. It used to be dark blue originally but was just primer and rust when I bought it. I brushed on some black Rustoleum after doing some quick bodywork to pass inspection. The area of the bed where the tailgate hinge should be is totally rotted away on both sides. A previous owner had solved the problem by welding the tailgate onto the truck, which was useless to me. I cut it off and ended up screwing some u-shaped channels to the rear stake pocket channels and sliding in a couple of 2x10 pieces of wood for a removable "tailgate". Not so pretty but it works and still has 8feet and one inch of bed length. Mechanically, I have replaced the radiator, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, front tires, front shocks, steering idler arm, fuel pump and pushrod, and gave it a general tune-up. When I got the truck it had a lot of stupid problems that took little to correct. The choke was bound up and stuck open, loose carburetor nuts, fuel line wasn't clamped, and the right side valve cover was installed backwards so the rocker arms were rubbing on it. Also someone had botched a fuel pump install at one time and tightened the pump down against the pushrod and bent it which led to a loud ticking sound when the engine ran. All of that stuff has been sorted now and it is proving to be a pretty decent truck aside from an oil leak somewhere at the back of the engine, but I think I'll save that for next summer.

picture.php

picture.php

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy!

So you brushed that paint on? Looks good!

slowlane

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks. It looks good in a tiny picture and from about 10 feet away.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Welcome from Dallas. Nice truck

Sent from the dust in front of you!

slowlane

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks. I actually grew up just north of you in the Lewisville area. I am a displaced Texan.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Hello Tim

Quadrajet Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Welcome!.
I'm new around here to, and sure glad we don't have the rust stuff down here like y'all do.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size