Hello everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard from East Tennessee.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
A couple of years ago my son n law ran across a 1984 1/2 ton 2wd he had bought from the original owner that he bought brand new (the truck was garage kept and is in good shape) Later that same year he had sold the truck to a good friend of mine that just wanted a simple cheap truck to drive and maintain. He had it better than a year. While he owned it he done some work to it as well as pull the original 305 and instead a mildly built 383. It's not a powerhouse but runs well. Shortly after that he got over the truck and I now own it. I need another hobby like I need a hole in the head but here I am. With another hobby! I figured might as well fix it up and make a nice little cruiser for me and the wife to hop in and go for a drive. Looking forward to participating/learning here on the forum
Welcome from the Motor City…
1984 is the year of 2 of my trucks and the year I graduated.
You’ve found a great source of information.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome!

anotherhobby

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks fo the welcome. I cant wait to get started. I got the shop cleaned up and the 84 inside. Soon as the weather cools I'm getting started.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome! And its the right color! LOL

Also amazingly rust free, especially considering the location.

One word of caution/advice. When you go to paint it, ALL the paint and that black primer needs to go. Based on what I've read anyway. Not sure I really believe that the primer has to go, but our 86 (got it last year only, don't know the history on it), after stripping it for paint, had 1 very old repaint, likely when it was close to new. But almost all the original primer was removed. Only found a little evidence of the original black primer. Truck was taken down to bare metal, and new primer applied prior to that re-paint.

86C20CCDually

Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
A couple of years ago my son n law ran across a 1984 1/2 ton 2wd he had bought from the original owner that he bought brand new (the truck was garage kept and is in good shape) Later that same year he had sold the truck to a good friend of mine that just wanted a simple cheap truck to drive and maintain. He had it better than a year. While he owned it he done some work to it as well as pull the original 305 and instead a mildly built 383. It's not a powerhouse but runs well. Shortly after that he got over the truck and I now own it. I need another hobby like I need a hole in the head but here I am. With another hobby! I figured might as well fix it up and make a nice little cruiser for me and the wife to hop in and go for a drive. Looking forward to participating/learning here on the forum
Welcome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke