Heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok..needing to know if anyone has upgraded their heater in these things. What will fit cause mine has no blowing power to thawl my windsheild and that my friend makes it hard to see. oh yeah and one other thing wiper motor upgrades cause I can only use one wiper, I had to remove the passenger side just to get it to swipe...thanks in advance for the info.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
There are a handful of foam seals inside the heater housing under the dash and at some housing connections/ducts that fall apart and disappear over the years, most importantly the one square seal at the firewall, that one is very critical. Also the "V" tube that goes from the heater housing to the defroster vents has a lousy mating connection and leaks air there. Under that in the heater housing you can adjust the floor/def door to push more air up to the defrost. I am also pondering a side window defrost mod into the dash on both sides. A good heater core that is not clogged and working properly supplies sufficient heat, it's everything on down the line you got to check and repair. Also in the back of the housing assembly there is a large rear panel that could have been tampered with and be open and leaking air, it's held on with a few screws.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
mine had a vacum leak that wouldn't open the doors right while back. something else to check

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Square seal at the firewall huh..will be checking that one tomorrow...any suggestions on the wiper motor...I put a new one on it but you know how heavy those springs are on those arms

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I never played with the wipers on these trucks yet. Would be a good write up for somebody to do.

He are some pics of the heater housing components, and you can look on LMC for the seal and other parts and locations.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4809

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Trust me I wil be doing a write up on the wipers as soon as I get my I's crossed and my T's dotted.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
I just replaced my nonfunctional heater core with a brand new one. The truck is almost too hot now! And none too soon for cold weather.

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
I have an after market heater from Summit Racing....can't complain....its hot and pushes a lot of air.

whiplash889

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
i took mine out filled in the hole in the firewall and added a summit racing universal heater for $170 works great, its held in by two brackets all you do is use four self taping screws with washers basically the one mentioned above

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Trust me I wil be doing a write up on the wipers as soon as I get my I's crossed and my T's dotted.

Let's go!!!! :Sumo: :roflbow:

Here are some pics of the wiper parts, I was thinking of you at the junkyard:

You must be registered for see images

i took mine out filled in the hole in the firewall and added a summit racing universal heater for $170 works great, its held in by two brackets all you do is use four self taping screws with washers basically the one mentioned above

No ****? Got pics? :popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1