Headlights and dash lights problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmerlane

Reaction score
First Name
lane
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
We are not able to switch from high beam to low beam and when we drive at night the dash lights don't work

what do you guys think?

we have a 1986 chevy k10

72chevy2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Classic suburban
Engine Size
Either the dimmer switch went out on the column or the headlight switch went out. I'm thinking more of a headlight switch because of the headlights not working.

Farmerlane

Reaction score
First Name
lane
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
my headlights work i just can't change the brightness, my dome light works and my parking lights work, but my dash lights don't work at all, and how do i switch it from high beam to low beam again, maybe I'm not doing it correctly!

Last edited:

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
You turn on the headlights by pulling the headlight switch in the lower left of the dash 2 clicks out. High/low is changed by pulling/pushing the multi-function switch on the column (the turn-signal switch). The dash lights are controlled by twisting the headlight switch knob on the dash left and right. It is possible to click the dash lights off by turning one way, or to click the dome and courtesy (if you have them) lights on by turning the other way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli