Guess I'm still pretty new around here...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Yep. Definitely glad I've still got the old girl. I paid $8970 with no sales tax (I lived in Montana then) for it in December, 2000. It had something like 51,000 miles on it then.

Oh I misunderstood your post... I thought you were the original owner. I mean, you ALMOST are.. so I was asking about the original price.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Welcome from the Motor City Detroit, love the truck!
it checks all the boxes..Short bed, K10, Two tone, Silverado.
I see an easy restoration, wouldn’t take much to get it back to like new condition.

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
Oh I misunderstood your post... I thought you were the original owner. I mean, you ALMOST are.. so I was asking about the original price.
Wish I coulda bought it new, but I was 6 years old at the time. I think I'm the second owner. This truck is the one and only vehicle I purchased from a dealer, and online. I was looking for an 81-87, and all of the potential victims where I lived in Kalispell, Montana were a bit on the rough side. I found this one in Anderson, South Carolina, and had it trucked to Bigfork, MT, (about 20 miles from me) where I picked it up in a restaurant parking lot... the latter was kind of weird, but it saved me some money (presume this was just the most convenient place for the driver to load it off). It was sold new in Newton, NC.

I too wonder what it cost in 1986... the truck had most of the option book thrown at it, so I'm guessing it wasn't on the cheap side.

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
Welcome from the Motor City Detroit, love the truck!
it checks all the boxes..Short bed, K10, Two tone, Silverado.
I see an easy restoration, wouldn’t take much to get it back to like new condition.
Yep. I'm trying my best to keep it in decent shape, though it's getting a bit shabby here and there. I've rubbed the red color through to primer in some spots, seat fabric is worn, dash pad looks like hell. I finally put all of the center caps and beauty rings back on it, so it looks a bit nicer than in the pics.

Am saving up for a restoration, though it'll be a few years off.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Welcome !!

I'm still wondering what part of Tucson you'd use the snow plow ??? :shrug:

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
Welcome !!

I'm still wondering what part of Tucson you'd use the snow plow ??? :shrug:
Passing lane on the freeway, to clear those oblivious dingleberries driving 25 under the speed limit out of the way, of course!

I actually sold the plow truck back in Montana.

It does snow real snow up on nearby Mount Lemmon, though, which reminds me a bit of home.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Passing lane on the freeway, to clear those oblivious dingleberries driving 25 under the speed limit out of the way, of course!

I actually sold the plow truck back in Montana.

It does snow real snow up on nearby Mount Lemmon, though, which reminds me a bit of home.

10-4 on the Slow Pokes in the Hammer Lane..........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128