Gooseneck Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roughneck714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Does anyone know where i can find a gooseneck hitch besides the big ass plate universial one?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Does anyone know where i can find a gooseneck hitch besides the big ass plate universial one?

not sure I understand what your calling the "big ass plate universal"? What exactly are you wanting the turn over ball, the flip down ball, or the stationary ball?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Ebay is always a good place to start looking. Heres a few for you to check out.
You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1400-B-W-Tu...iter_Display:5.7L&hash=item4606db65f5&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOLD-DOWN-G...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab1f51178&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CURT-Manufa...a-/390466305351?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I personally have a Curt manufacturing Flip over ball like the second set of Pictures, It is never in my way when I need the full bed the plate is 1/2" thick around 14"X14"
Easy to install, easy to flip up or down.

Even the B&W turn over balls require you to get in the bed so IMHO save the extra 200 bucks and get the flip over.

Roughneck714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
i was trying to stay away from this one which Im assuming is a flip down. I like the turn over B&W ya have a picture of but couldnt see the next 3 pics ya showed

Attachments

• IMG00211-20121008-1008.jpg
    IMG00211-20121008-1008.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 207

jr4450

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-5
Engine Size
5.7 V8 TBI
the flip over is the only one out there that you can install and still have full use of your bed. the turnover plate is always in the way and if you forget (like i have) and throw bags in you bust them open (lost half of a 50lb bag of feed in the truck and had to scoop it up with my hands.) best thing in the world is getting the flip over and have it cut in and welded.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
the flip over is the only one out there that you can install and still have full use of your bed. the turnover plate is always in the way and if you forget (like i have) and throw bags in you bust them open (lost half of a 50lb bag of feed in the truck and had to scoop it up with my hands.) best thing in the world is getting the flip over and have it cut in and welded.

Im not sure why it would ever be in the way. I have the Flip down ball in my truck and it isnt ever in my way for anything I haul, perhaps your doing something wrong, or maybe your just in to big of a hurry?
I haul everything from Dirt, gravel, broken concrete, bags of corn, Firewood, Lumber, Plywood, hay bales, scrap iron, ect...

Now with that said I would agree that the turn over ball is a much "cleaner" looking set up, but given the price of the 2 different styles I will gladly give up a little "style" in a work truck.

Rockinpcranch

Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have the flip over in my Duramax, and it has some miles on it and is starting to show some wear and is getting a bit of slack in it. In the 84 I have a plate with a ball welded on it then it's bolted to the frame. This works well but you don't have a flat bed floor when you not towing. In Dads trucks he has a ball mounted on channel iron to his fithwheel frame that slides in rails mounted in the bed. I have used a B&W in company trucks and other farm truck I used. I really like them and when I replace the bed on the Duramax I'm going to go with a B&W. I haven't had any problems breaking feed sack in those other trucks or my own.

87sierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 2500
Engine Size
5.7L 350 TBI
we have both the flip and turn over hitches and i prefer the flip over style the only down side to the turn over style is that if you don't use it for a period of time and don't put anything to protect it from rusting in place its a son of a gun to pull out and lock back in place
but both hitches give full use of bed the flip over style sticks up maybe a 1/4 of an inch if that on our duramax

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes