Goodyear Military sand Performance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model
k5 c10 k10 SSR doodlebug
Engine Size
406 360 6.2 5.3 171
I wonder what the date code is on those tires.In the past I have replaced perfectly good looking tires just because they lost all of their wet weather traction. Six years or so seems to be the useful life according to internet research.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
air down always rocks an sand ,,,,,,,,,mud well thats full throttle
loose sand carry water,,,,,,,, packed sand full throttle. winch an sand plow is good to have

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Thanks for the help everyone.
I'm late to the party, I know. Those OZ's are great for pavement pounding and general purpose use. I have ran them for about 30 years now. They are not a TSL and definitely not a Bogger; these are obviously much better in the mud. As for sand, I have been on the coast several times with them aired down and they do just fine. Once upon a year we could go to a tire shop just off Ft. Bragg and get as many "Blem" tires that we wanted. Goofballs then started selling these on Craigslist and FBMP and the shop owner put a stop to folks selling what he was giving away by not giving them away anymore. There are several of these tires around my shop that don't even have a date code; this shows they are over 20 years old. We still use them for wheeling though. You have a great looking Square, enjoy the ride!

HS

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I wonder what the date code is on those tires.In the past I have replaced perfectly good looking tires just because they lost all of their wet weather traction. Six years or so seems to be the useful life according to internet research.
I wonder if you could scuff the outer part of the tire to at least temporarily improve that

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
So how did it go? I'm late to this but I always run 12 psi in the sand w/o bead locks. Even bald tires aired down work in the sand.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
They should perform just fine. I wouldn't air down too much though, being 16.5's and the rims aren't exactly narrow. 15 psi or more should be plenty safe.
^^^^ This

I wouldn't air down 16.5's too much, the shape and style of the beads on 16.5's lend to them coming unseated easily when compared to 15's or 16's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag