Fueling issue NEED HELP IM LOST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear601

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
305 with a 262 cam
Ok prob something easy but I'm at a loss once again I'm new to carb engines so here it go's this past Dec I purchased a 1985 c10 swb w/ 305 v8 w/262 cam it ran like dog ____ found out carb was all jacked up and headers were leaking so I replaced the 750cfm edelbrock with a new summit 600cfm strip/street carb and replaced the whole exhaust with new summit long tubes, new exhaust with a H-pipe and new mufflers. I also put new 8.5mm wires and new plugs. Then I purchased a msd cap and rotor kit and installed that. Truck was showing improvement so then radiator sprang a leak so replaced it and went back with elec. Fans wired to the ignition then I noticed my fuel filter was empty so I replaced the mechanical pump and clear plastic filter ran great then 1 month later blam filter was empty while running so I started watching it and when it's cold or warm at idle filter is full but the sec I drive the truck and then stop somewhere I can pop the hood and empty filter until I let it completely cool down and for the life of me I can't figure out why so please please please someone help me before I stick a for sale in it or have a really big camp fire with it lol I'm LOST and can't figure it out

Quadrajet Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Hang in there, lots of folks on here with good ideas.

get a fuel pressure gauge to measure your fuel pressure. Don't rely on visual, it can be misleading.

Check all of your fuel lines and return lines. And replace all rubber sections. You can have rotted lines and they can suck air in to the system causing issues. Won't leak fuel, so dont think they are all good because it isn't leaking.

beest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I had a simiular issue, ran fine at idle, then after a few minutes down the road it was starving for fuel, idle for a minute, then ok for a few more minutes, turned out the rubber lines by the tank were collapsed/kinked. It let just enough fuel through to keep it running, but not enough to drive at 55 down the road.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Bear601

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
305 with a 262 cam
Yeah I ended up just replacing all the rubber duel lines and replacing the machanical pump and knock on wood it has fixed it the filter stays full and stays full even after I turn the truck off for days

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1