Frustrateing Fuel Delivery......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chop

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have a 1987 Silverado Im trying to salvage from the dead but this dual tank set up is Very Expensive to rebuild ...

1st question....I see rock auto sells just the Fuel pump ..are they easy to replace with out screwing up the sending unit ?

2nd is the Spectre SP05M1H pump sending unit combo a good quality product ?
3rd Will STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # FV5T (tank selector valve ...do the same as the 157.00 delco product ?

All help is aprreciated...hate to spend 500 bux on a 700 dollar truck and it not even fix the problem

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I have a 1987 Silverado Im trying to salvage from the dead but this dual tank set up is Very Expensive to rebuild ...

1st question....I see rock auto sells just the Fuel pump ..are they easy to replace with out screwing up the sending unit ?

2nd is the Spectre SP05M1H pump sending unit combo a good quality product ?
3rd Will STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # FV5T (tank selector valve ...do the same as the 157.00 delco product ?

All help is aprreciated...hate to spend 500 bux on a 700 dollar truck and it not even fix the problem

Get just the pump, its a piece o cake. The standard part will work just fine.
Dont hesitate to ask more questions if you need to.

Chop

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
After further review the passenger side tank is rusted out so ill need a Tank sending unit pump complete assembly...
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1152763
Is this the assembly Ill need ?

Im really debating just running one tank but Im just picky about having something half asssed.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
After further review the passenger side tank is rusted out so ill need a Tank sending unit pump complete assembly...
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1152763
Is this the assembly Ill need ?

Im really debating just running one tank but Im just picky about having something half asssed.

Is the tank or the sending unit rusted out?
New pump will come with new filter sock. Try to get walbro or carter pumps.

Chevyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 Litre
Is the tank or the sending unit rusted out?
New pump will come with new filter sock. Try to get walbro or carter pumps.

I just installed an AC Delco pump that I got off Ebay for $40. It came with the pump, filter sock, and the installation kit that included the tank o-ring gasket, wire harness, clamps, and a piece of fuel line to attach the new pump to the sending unit, plus a noise deadening boot that goes over the pump to cut down on the noise it makes. I didn't install it on mine, I like hearing my pump when I turn the key to on prior to starting the engine.

Clayton

Chop

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
all of its rusted ,,,inside the tank ..sending unit ..and the pumps ganked up with crap too

Chevyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 Litre
all of its rusted ,,,inside the tank ..sending unit ..and the pumps ganked up with crap too

If the tanks rusted real bad try to get a replacement from a wrecking yard. And try to get one that hasn't been sitting there forever. You might luck out and get one thats got a good pump and sending unit in it. Otherwise flush out your old tank and install a new sending unit and pump.

Clayton

Chop

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
got it running today took a ride around the block..its has rough idle so I rebuilt the throttle body ..alot of trash and gunk inside,Ill finish it up tomorrow..on a side note dont get carb cleaner in your eye it hurts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm