Figured out which mirrors I want. Anyone have them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Thanks, I meant to update and say I have a set on their way. Thanks everyone though. I’m all set.

Ben

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
The original mirrors are the best ever. Strong, and even has a 'hand hold' for the left hand while your driving with the glass down. They are also vertically oriented, which IMO is the most important feature.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Ooo, those Seirra Grande 25 badges up for grabs?
they arent perfect but yes i have those two and I also have some random chevy 10 and 20 badges but i dont think any of them both, maybe. But yes the are

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@Raider L I found the hose and remembered to grab a pic
Its a Sunsong 3/8 "power steering reservoir hose" with synthetic rubber exterior and strong braid design. the hose cant be collapsed by me standing on it on a spot or pinching it, i can ony do so folding the hose in a spot which takes a lot of force. The stuff doesnt route tightly well,, because its so rigid and fluid reuturn pressures would easily keep it from those tight pinching runs, too, and the stuff is a interference fit over 3/8 tubing, like it takes some force, which is EXCELLENT in a situation where you spot repair a return line and you dont want it popping off easily. I still put a tiny flare and used 2 fuel injection clamps on each end, opposed eachother, but the situation i originally bought it for could have been done without flare in -20f or so and i am confident it would have held, as long as i got a fe inches onto the hose.

You must be registered for see images attach

when i put the current ps pump on the square i went and put a filter on because frankly the pump was unknown and the last pump was full of small specs etcand so was fluid. Unfortuantely, the short run I tried to work in to add it was difficult to make because if the hose was routed sharply, it would kink and then not help. i got lucky and made a leak proof solution by using small plumbing 90 elbows in a block thingy with a lot of screw positions onto itt. that allowed me to turn the fluid circuit so it didnt kink

if i redo so it looks less trashy or something, I would like the sunsong since i would be able to know how long it would need to be without issues. and its tough stuff, doesnt cut easily. if you do use some for something, be mindful of pulse dampenings and make sure some normak type hose or something can soak those. I feel these are too rigid and if 100% these, failure from pulses maybe idk. I know this is someons wanted but im totally about to pass out and this is the first place i saw you :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii