Exhaust ideas!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
I need to crawl under and look closer at what I've got, but it's duals that exit under the cab. It is LOUD. Moreover, I have to turn it off sometimes in drive thrus cause the exhaust makes it impossible to hear/talk on the mic. It sounds awesome, but the location and setup makes it pretty loud. I've never had complaints from neighbors, but maybe I'm just testing patience.

Will try to climb under soon and report

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Exhaust is done!

Haven't seen it yet but have a pic of it and a couple vids, may need some tweaking/redoing eventually, ran into an issue with the crossmember, apparently these trucks were designed for one pipe over and one pipe under the crossmember, so for now this will be how it is, but I found an aftermarket crossmember that I may need to get to fix the passenger side pipes. I'm not sure if I'm totally happy with the end result on looks but maybe the sound will remedy that. I'm not crazy about how he routed the passenger side, but due to the xmember I'll have to live with this for a little while. I visioned a bit more symmetrical pipes, but notice there isn't a ton of room to work with. Hope the xpipe was worth the cash, won't really know how she runs until tomorrow night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You will notice the difference with either an X-pipe or an H-pipe. V8s do not fire R-L-R-L, they fire L-R-R-L-R-L-L-R (1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2). The second beat of the double pulse every revolution of the crank meets resistance from the pressure of the prior pulse still in the exhaust. Relieving this is the primary purpose of the X-pipe or H-pipe, to get better exhaust scavenging from cylinders 4 and 7.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
This is the first time I've ever used an xpipe, although I have to have the mufflers replaced, the truck sounds good and seems to run better, still have some carb adjustments to do but overall it sounds much healthier, just not the tone I wanted, but that's because of the super10 mufflers he installed instead of using the 40s style like I wanted, the bending and pipe work could of been better but for now I'll make it work.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Mufflers changed!

The exhaust guy finally got my mufflers I wanted on the truck after a little hiccup by him ordering the wrong ones, sounds so much better now, only thing I'm not liking is the placement of the side pipes, am probably going to cut them off soon and just route them to the rear unless I can figure out an alternative! https://youtu.be/CXg4Irke8R8

Last edited:

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mine go straight out the back, but I never tow anything. Routing out the side lets you tow without getting exhaust residue all over your boat/trailer/whatever.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I love the idea of the side pipes, the guy who did them just didn't get what I was after, the tips are too far back now and too low, I tried a few aftermarket tips on there to try and close the gap between fender and pipe but it just doesn't feel right to me, plus it's too close to the tire in my opinion, so I believe I'll cut them and just go to the rear axle and dump them, I'm not a big fan of tips and seeing tail pipes at least not on my trucks, most all my exhausts have been hidden under the vehicle and unnoticeable from outside the vehicle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare