Engine and suspension swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@Bextreme04,

What does that part of the glove compartment build codes that says, "conventional 2 ton"? Does that mean it's a two ton hauling truck, not 1/2 ton, not 3/4 ton, not 1 ton, but 2 ton? Can't be.
@Staci Newmon, also, don't forget to check out your trailer brakes to. Are they electric over mechanical, or just electric. I built house trailer frames at a company that just did house trailer frames, many were double wides, when I first became a welder and I didn't know how they stopped until this guy explained it to me. Interesting, electric brakes.

Got a pic of what you mean with the conventional 2 ton?

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Bextreme04,

It's on the pic of Staci's data placard he's posted, and he provides what the code means below in that same post. Go back to page one and it's near the bottom of the page, you'll see it, it says, "conventional 2 ton" in that list. What does that mean? It'll haul two tons?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@Bextreme04,

It's on the pic of Staci's data placard he's posted, and he provides what the code means below in that same post. Go back to page one and it's near the bottom of the page, you'll see it, it says, "conventional 2 ton" in that list. What does that mean? It'll haul two tons?

I just assumed it was a typo, since he never posted a pic of the label in the glovebox. It is not on the placard he posted a pic of that I could find. It could be an artifact of the tire type bleeding over into another line? But there was no RPO code next to it either.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chype1