Edlebrock (1411) 750 carb jetting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigAl285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
383 S.B.C
I have a 383 stroker, 11.5 to 1 compression, cast 202 fuelie heads, port, polished, milled, cam is lunati 504 lift, Edlebrock RPM air gap intake. I don't have the cam card here at my house. Here is the issue I am having. I have a Edlebrock (1411) 750 carb on it. Doing some dyno runs on it. It loads it self up idling but during the pull the AFR was 13.7 but a idle its 17 then around 6000 its around 17. I have the calbration kit for it. Did a few pulls on it but we are not getting anywhere staying the same. idle it bog then Mid range it pulls itself out of the bog but its not correct. Just curious what you guys have used for a jet, rod set up on it? I had the most power when I had the Edlebrock 1406 600 cfm carb on. With that carb it had a mid range bog but then I read on Edlebrocks web site that carb isnt for that intake. Any help is useful. I want to use this carb since I have it and running low on cash flow here too.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Sounds like you need to set lean-best on the idle screws, shorten the throw on the accelerator pump, and start with your smallest secondary jet. Mechanical secondaries on that honkin bastard is probably going to be the downfall. Keep an eye on your oil for cylinder wash, you may want to consider a q-jet, or 670 truck avenger.

BigAl285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
383 S.B.C
I went down one size on the primary jets today. We did one dyno run without messing with the carb and it fell on its face afr was at 20 so we thought go down on primary. That helped a little. I did the carb calulations for what carb is needed for my truck and it said a 740cfm depending on the rpms. I'm going to be doing truck pulls with it so it will be a pulling / street truck. It may see rpms 7-8000. I'll try it out Thursday when we have dyno time again. The throw on the accelator hole is on the bottom hole. It was in the middle went to the lowest one and it helped a little.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Reason I suggested the other carbs was for the vacuum secondaries, which only draw the fuel they need instead of a mechanical secondary dumping fuel down it's throat regardless of engine demand. Adjusting the primary needle/jet/spring combos will help the low to mid range but you really need to restrict the secondaries to bring the WOT a/f ratio down.

BigAl285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
383 S.B.C
I called Edlebrock talked with the tech person for awhile. They didnt recommend any of the 2 carbs that I have. They said use the 850 they make. I am going with a Holley carb.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I like holley as an aftermarket carb, because it doesnt have rods.

BigAl285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
383 S.B.C
I hope it works. I called Holley about it they asked me everything about the motor, tires, rear ends. They where very helpful for being costumer service I should be set up hope it works well. Dyno Thursday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26