Dupicolor POR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Has anyone used this?
They had aerosol and quarts at the local parts store.
Was thinking about trying on my k10's frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I don't trust paints with rubberized or elastic finish. If it's not applied perfect rust can build up under it without being recognized before the damage is huge.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I don't trust paints with rubberized or elastic finish. If it's not applied perfect rust can build up under it without being recognized before the damage is huge.
Same here including polyurathanes... like encapsulators. Sorry my spelling is a shack of **** tonight. Anyway, if your shop is warm and dry you can get clean steel to not flash rust in 5 minutes. Also, rub in rust convertor first... any micro rust veins will suck it up. Your supposed to wash off the excess with water, but on raw steel of course I never do that. Just some light sanding even with steel wool will clean it up and then autobody pre-cleaner before any paints go down. Should have a good buzz on by then!

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Has anyone used this?
They had aerosol and quarts at the local parts store.
Was thinking about trying on my k10's frame.

If you do in fact go with the spray bomb, do the rust convertor still and then drop your paint cans in a tub or sink of scalding hot water. After a while drain the water and refill with hot hot. Heating up spray bomb really helps increase the pressure and atomization. Don't worry the cans won't blow up.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
i use VHT caliper paint for all my metal frame ,bracket ect... work fine and durable! :)

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
I used this: Craig 85 used Duplicolor on his truck and said it works well, and I trust his judgement as he has done many squares. He uses this, and now I do to.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
i use VHT caliper paint for all my metal frame ,bracket ect... work fine and durable! :)

I've used the silver color on my calipers never thought about a frame. I'm sure it would be durable enough for a frame too.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I used this: Craig 85 used Duplicolor on his truck and said it works well, and I trust his judgement as he has done many squares. He uses this, and now I do to.

Is the CRC and chassis saver the same? Or do you use all 3?

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
I have used both, but the chassis saver is excellent, brush, or spray gun, I used the latter. Goes on smooth, and very tough, however it is gloss and some like it less shiny, me I like it. You can purchase everything at Summit. Use the CRC on small parts and dip them, and have used it on frames, just use a steel brush in heavy rust, and coat with the CRC and let dry, effective. When using the Duplicolor, I prep like any spray job, sand, steel brush, etc, wipe down with Naptha or lacquer thinner, let dry and paint. Chassis saver is thicker, and high build so it will hide small imperfections.

Last edited:

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
I have used both, but the chassis saver is excellent, brush, or spray gun, I used the latter. Goes on smooth, and very tough, however it is gloss and some like it less shiny, me I like it. You can everything at Summit. Use the CRC on small parts and dip them, and have used it on frames, just use a steel brush in heavy rust, and soak with this, effective. Using the duplicolor, I spend the time and make the metal as smooth as possible, then Naptha or lacquer thinner to clean, let dry and then paint

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I have used both, but the chassis saver is excellent, brush, or spray gun, I used the latter. Goes on smooth, and very tough, however it is gloss and some like it less shiny, me I like it. You can everything at Summit. Use the CRC on small parts and dip them, and have used it on frames, just use a steel brush in heavy rust, and soak with this, effective. Using the duplicolor, I spend the time and make the metal as smooth as possible, then Naptha or lacquer thinner to clean, let dry and then paint
Thanks. I plan to wire wheel my frame before any chemicals go on. I'll probably go with the crc and then semi-gloss paint for the frame. Just want to make sure I kill all the rust. It appears to be surface only but want to make sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128