Driver side window removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I am removing and rebuilding the (manual) window regulator on my sons 1987 GMC. How do I separate the window from the regulator?

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
I figured it out, had to remove the vent window and frame to get enough room to get the window off the tracks and out. Might take a bit more patience to get it back in now that the outer and inner panels are connected to each other again. Figured I might as well fix the floppy mirror while I had the door apart.

Bruce Wingate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Swear words and the uncomfortable feeling that you may drop the window at any time.

I have power windows, but I think the procedure is roughly the same. Roll the window down and remove the rear track from inside the door and the felt trim all around. I removed the wing window - this might not have been necessary. Now look at the track on the bottom of the window - there is a cut out. The goal is to maneuvour the window up and down so that you can pop the rear roller out of the track through the cutout. Then you can tilt the window and get it out of the track from the front. When rolling up the window tip it a bit so it goes outside the frame.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Does any body know who makes the highest quality (manual) window regulator? Same question in regards to rubber seals for wind wing and window felts?

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Mine from lmc were tight and right. Note to you, tight rubbers and felts make getting the glass back in a pita like you would not believe. Old wore out $hit and the glass practicly took itself out. lol
Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76