Door Striker Adjsutment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gettin Faster

Reaction score
First Name
Wavel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I will check that out when I get off work. I didn know you could access the panel that way.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I know this is an old thread. But I found it using the search box and it the people on this thread sound like they may be able to help.

I have a 84 K10 Silverado, while removing the door striker to replace it with a new one with the bushing on it. Whatever the Striker screws in to inside the door jam fell inside ove the jam. (I cannot reach it w/o cutting the jam open. Now the door will not stay closed as it no longer has any thing to grab. I just need some directoin on what to do at this point. My door is held closed with a strap and sits in the drive way. SUcks I just bought it a week ago.

Any and all help is GREATLY!!!! apreciated.

You will have to cut open an access hole inside the cab if you can not reach it from the bottom speaker area hole, and put a nut on it. Unless you can find where the plate nut dropped into.

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
Dont know if anyone still needing this but to adjust the door striker I just leave it tight and smack it with a hammer which ever way it needs to move. Now you dont kill it just a little goes along way kinda like fine tuning it...

Gettin Faster

Reaction score
First Name
Wavel
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I found the piece behind the speaker. Thank you to everyone who helped. This forum is awesome!!!!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
How does this go?
You have to put some WD-40 or something on it before you start, and use an old deepwell socket and hammer to smack it on. It also helps to put the striker on a piece of wood to keep from damaging the threads. But you can put the pex on without having to split it.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You have to put some WD-40 or something on it before you start, and use an old deepwell socket and hammer to smack it on. It also helps to put the striker on a piece of wood to keep from damaging the threads. But you can put the pex on without having to split it.

cool

rangerman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Have you guys checked your door hinge pins and springs?
Its almost impossible to adjust the strikers with a slightly sagging door.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
You may be able to reach it with a strong magnet on a stick.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns