Dome light and Cargo light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1981lowrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
V-8
My cargo and Dome light recently quit checked fuses and everthing is good. I'm thinking that its the ground wire . Can someone tell me where the ground is located for these I recently worked on my stereo but looked again and didn't see any wires? Any help is appreciated!!

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
If I remember right there power all the time and the switch just grounds to activate it. Might see if yo have power up there to start with. Pull bulb out and ground test light to test. The feed wires are orange and white if I remember and run under the sill plate on driver side to chase from there

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Are your door trigger buttons(cant remember the name) sticking?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Will they come on when you turn the headlight knob?

1981lowrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
V-8
Hey guys found out where the lights plug in on the fuse block its not working? I plugged it into another fuse and it works but its not right is that the only fuse block i can plug into ? I ran into another one and it comes on but only when key is on havent had time to look at it again but will do so just wondering if someone else had any problems like this> Any help is appperciated.

1981lowrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
V-8
Ok Guy's, I tried to plug my dome light wire into every fuse box and i can't get it to work right. Does anyone have any idea's what i can do. Little things like this drive me crazy,lol. I guess the fuse box where it plugs in is not working? Any ideas would be appreciated i can take pics tonight if anyone can help. Thanks!!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ok Guy's, I tried to plug my dome light wire into every fuse box and i can't get it to work right. Does anyone have any idea's what i can do. Little things like this drive me crazy,lol. I guess the fuse box where it plugs in is not working? Any ideas would be appreciated i can take pics tonight if anyone can help. Thanks!!

I am very confused about this wire you are trying to plug in. The dome lights is an orange wire that should be hard wired into the back of the fuse box.

- Did you test for power at the light?

- Does it turn on with the headlight knob if you turn it all the way to the right?

- Is there a separate "Cargo Light" switch on the dash?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,545
Last edited:

1981lowrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
V-8
Sorry Burb, I got it fixed. Yes it was the orange wire that i was trying to plug nto the fuse box but i got it fixed. Sorry i wasn't clearer on my situation. Thanks everyone!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell