Does this look original?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Do these body seams look original or could the fenders be an aftermarket replacement? Autocheck, which is almost worthless, shows no accidents on the truck. I remember buying the shop truck at a place I worked - a '73 3/4 ton that they had replaced the fenders with Taiwan panels and they fit about like this....only worse.

These aren't cheap made - very good steel and zero rust. Just the way these seems line up looks odd. Truck is getting stripped to a shell next year....just wunnerin if I need to look for original fenders. If this is how they came, I'll fix that part too.

I remember first hand that 80s American cars weren't much to write home about quality-wise, thus the 12 month / 12,000 mile warranties......they knew what they built.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like someone spent a lot of time to get it lined up like that.
I had to shim all kinds to get mine close and I gave up on the hood
It’s close enuff. I’ll work on it more when I get either the aluminum hinges or upgrade the gas instead of the springs

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Yep - design intent.

The '73-80 fenders fit a little better in the A pillar area than the '81 and beyond fenders.

Lakewood GA, Baltimore MD, Flint, Janesville, St Louis, Lordstown, Pontiac, Fremont, Oshawa. My grandpa's 72, my 76, my 79 and my 74 GMC parts cab are all Saint Louis trucks. My friends 75 K5 is a Flint truck.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Of those, I started my career in Flint and have launched product in Janesville, St Louis, Pontiac, Fremont and Oshawa.

K

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Hey.....you brought it up. lmao

Actually, that's what I thought of when I was viewing the differences in fender to A pillar gaps.
I remembered that from years ago. Almost lost my dinner.

Colin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
350 cu. in.
Do these body seams look original or could the fenders be an aftermarket replacement? Autocheck, which is almost worthless, shows no accidents on the truck. I remember buying the shop truck at a place I worked - a '73 3/4 ton that they had replaced the fenders with Taiwan panels and they fit about like this....only worse.

These aren't cheap made - very good steel and zero rust. Just the way these seems line up looks odd. Truck is getting stripped to a shell next year....just wunnerin if I need to look for original fenders. If this is how they came, I'll fix that part too.

I remember first hand that 80s American cars weren't much to write home about quality-wise, thus the 12 month / 12,000 mile warranties......they knew what they built.

It may not be the fenders.
Looks like the hood needs adjusting forward a bit.
That should help the gaps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia