Dead Battery Trying to Jump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Guy calls and the battery is readying 1220 CCA! Wow...what a battery. Anyways it's being replaced free of charge under warranty.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Glad to hear it will be replaced. More often than not, its the type of charger used for these batteries. In my Polaris sxs, I ditched the gel battery for a nickel cadmium replacement. Funny thing is, the nickel cadmium was cheaper, but the charger was $155!! The good thing is, this fancy nickel cadmium charger also charges all other types of batteries. If the wrong charger is used for the wrong battery.....there goes the battery. The fast chargers often over cook the batteries if not wet cell types.

I used to be a diehard fan of Optima batteries, but in the last 3 years, the quality has gone to crap. They build them cheaper and less reliable.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Well other than the clerk being a total dick to me today and them giving me my old battery back as the "new" one. Had to go back and actually get the new one... hopefully I get a few years out of this one. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darrel