Dana 44 Camber Sleeve Stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasMan81

Reaction score
First Name
Kalvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I recently rebuilt my Dana 44. Its beautiful but its a couple degrees off on one side. The tool I bought to remove the inner sleeve didn't work and stripped the inner sleeve. How does one remove it then?? Do you need to lift the axle from one side to relieve pressure? Id really appreciate it if you guys had secrets to do this that you can reveal. Thank you!!

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I recently rebuilt my Dana 44. Its beautiful but its a couple degrees off on one side. The tool I bought to remove the inner sleeve didn't work and stripped the inner sleeve. How does one remove it then?? Do you need to lift the axle from one side to relieve pressure? Id really appreciate it if you guys had secrets to do this that you can reveal. Thank you!!
I think you're technically not supposed to remove it without pulling the knuckle. I just rebuilt my 10 bolt and I believe I remember the book saying something like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag