Cummins swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Hey guys sorry it's been awhile since I been on the forum I actually bought a 97 cummins and was driving it because the square body's tranny went out. Well Monday night on my birthday I rolled my cummins and destroyed the truck me and my girlfriend came out with just minor scratches! But now I don't have a truck and am really wanting to put the cummins in the old crew cab!!

I'm wanting to run the nv4500 that's in the dodge and trying to keep the 241tc! As we know that driver side drop! I was also thinking about putting the dodge Dana 60 coil over under the Chevy also what do y'all think? I believe I have most the stuff needed to do the swap just need money to get her started. I'm pretty exited to get back to the forum! Thanks guys

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Flatpat

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Glad you're okay. Those heavy trucks don't like being on their roofs.

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
That dodge doesn't look too repairable. I'm guessing its totaled or close to? If the drive train is still good I say go for it. It's good that everyone is unhurt.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Wrecked Dodges make good donors to Square body Chevies.
You can get started with taking your engine and trans out of the CC before having to spend a dime, the biggest things you're going to have to worry about is the mounts for the Cummins, and then adapting the T-case and driveshafts.
If I were you, I'd keep the CC 2wd since its much easier to put a Cummins in the 2wd frame and convert the tailshaft to 2wd and fix the 5th gear nut and the KDP in the engine

Last edited:

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Wrecked Dodges make good donors to Square body Chevies.
You can get started with taking your engine and trans out of the CC before having to spend a dime, the biggest things you're going to have to worry about is the mounts for the Cummins, and then adapting the T-case and driveshafts.
If I were you, I'd keep the CC 2wd since its much easier to put a Cummins in the 2wd frame and convert the tailshaft to 2wd and fix the 5th gear nut and the KDP in the engine

I already have the motor and trans out of the chevy. Ive seen where they take the chevy isolator out and put a 1st gen mount where the isolator used to be. Anyone done this? I really want a 4x4 and the chevy has a ton of sentimental value. I dont know if its going to be worth adapting all the dodge 4x4 stuff or selling it and finding a chevy D60. But then i would need a new TC?

Also: kdp has already been fixed

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
I have , it's a pretty easy swap ! If you need any info I've done this swap 3 times now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes