Cowl Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Good Afternoon everyone. I have a question about the cowl screen. I just pulled mine out and couldn't believe the amount of pine needles under it. I thought hese were supposed to stop a good portion of debris from getting in? I do have one small square hole, but was wondering if I could put some door screen under it to help stop the debris from going through?

Attachments

• IMG_8098.JPG
    IMG_8098.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8099.JPG
    IMG_8099.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8101.JPG
    IMG_8101.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 26

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
haha drill a hole in the base and add tree killer. next year its dead.... i like the screen idea by the way. sounds like a good way to keep smaller trash out. Im gunna look into this as well. Thanks fer that idea . i just cleaned out mine and it had some small debris in there.....

1980 Big Ten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big 10
Engine Size
I just cleaned mine out today and wondered the same thing. Adding a screen is a good idea, but I'll have to think about how to make it look good. There isn't much room underneath for a clean install. Perhaps cutting holes for the clips would work, then trimming excess around the edge of the cowl screen for a clean look.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I have trees literally everywhere on the farm (it's a bird farm so no fields) and yea the needles from the evergreen trees get literally everywhere. I think that needles getting into the cowling, unchecked for years, and years where they rot in there, I think that's a big cause of rot in that area. My advice is clean it out once a year. Even if you put a screen in, don't get complacent that there is a screen keeping the stuff out. My routine is that in the spring I clean the tracks, lube the slides and cables and clean the sunroof drains on the Jeep that same weekend I'll put the cowling cover off the truck and clean in there. It's also a great time to look over the wiper linkage to make sure it's in good shape an won't be giving you any trouble.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef