Cost of shipping a truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
The M35A3 never was equipped with a Cummins. They were equipped with a Cat 3116 diesel. It's a 45 mph deuce.
The original M35 had a Reo-Continental 331-6 gas engine. Not to be confused with the hypercycle multifuel diesel.
Found the ad for this truck.
The LDS 427 is a good engine.
The ad says head gasket leak. No brakes.
All wheels/drums should be removed and checked. Clean and pack bearings.
Hydraulic brake lines should be diligently inspected.
This truck might have the direct drive transmission. Easy to spot with a normal shift pattern.
The OD transmission has 4/5 reversed in pattern.
Around here the truck might bring $1K as it sits. No title would be a problem in any state where a title is required for licensing.

There are some truck sales in AZ and Utah. I've seen some nice ones come out of Barstow.
I got a nice truck from Nellis.
You should know it is unsafe to travel interstate highways with these trucks. The military only does this in marked convoys.
A guy was killed driving his new to him M35A3 home when he was involved in a 3 vehicle crash involving a van and a Peterbilt, in Utah.

You must be registered for see images attach

Caterpillar, not Cummins. Yes, I knew that, wrote the wrong one.
I've PM the guy, we've been chatting back and forth. Im aware of all its issues. He said he owns a construction company and could maybe arrange for transport to where my uncle lives, and I'd stay there and go threw all the systems before I'd road test it. The no title issue I can work around.

I actually just today met a guy that has a M35 A2 for sale, and it only like 10 miles away. He said it runs, but hasn't moved in a bunch of years. Looks pretty beat, but less rust, and itd be so much easier for me, because it's in my town. So after all this, I might end up passing on the Mass truck. Too far away. We'll see.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Dooley,

When I was in the Army in the Panama Canal Zone with the 8th SFG at FT. Gulick we drove deuces on the Panamerican highway all the time as fast as we could, safely, How fast was that? I don't remember it was back in '67. But it was fun. So how fast was the guy going on interstate? And what are those things on the rims, fan looking things with a hole in them? The ones we had I drove in Panama were multi fuel trucks, I remember having to drain the fuel filters every time I had to drive one. They were easy to drive and shift, and easy to steer and brake. When we were making parachute jumps half of us would jump and the other half would go to the drop zone and pick up the people and then they would drive and we'd go jump. It was a blast! We were jumping out of C-47's, old WWII planes. They were great! These trucks were super sturdy I do remember that and fun to drive.

Dooley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
RW
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
The wrecked deuce was a M35A3.
These trucks were equipped with Central Tire Inflation Systems, CTIS.
Their top speed is around 45 and the "pete" was reported likely doing 75.
A good running M35A2 could run 55 on the flat.
I have one with 1100 tires and a bit of tuning that can run 65.

Dooley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
RW
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
@Dooley,

When I was in the Army in the Panama Canal Zone with the 8th SFG at FT. Gulick we drove deuces on the Panamerican highway all the time as fast as we could, safely, How fast was that? I don't remember it was back in '67. But it was fun. So how fast was the guy going on interstate? And what are those things on the rims, fan looking things with a hole in them? The ones we had I drove in Panama were multi fuel trucks, I remember having to drain the fuel filters every time I had to drive one. They were easy to drive and shift, and easy to steer and brake. When we were making parachute jumps half of us would jump and the other half would go to the drop zone and pick up the people and then they would drive and we'd go jump. It was a blast! We were jumping out of C-47's, old WWII planes. They were great! These trucks were super sturdy I do remember that and fun to drive.

Look familiar?

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes