Converting A6 compressor to Sanden Compressor, on a 1979 C-10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rseaton

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
For a 1979 C-10, 5.7L, short water pump Chevy. I'm looking at replacing the large A6 compressor and switching over to the Sanden compressor. I've read good things about the compressor as it put less strain on the engine.

The problem is I cannot find if I need another bracket for the compressor. I'm pretty sure I do. Brackets are made for the late 60's and up to mid 70's trucks. Surely someone has switched over the compressor . Also the ac lines??

LMC truck list a compressor for over $400 which fits, but that seems ridiculously expensive as Sanden compressors can be had for about $260.

Thanks for any insight!!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Brackets from later 90's trucks can be swapped over and use sande compressor. Also there aresome places that make adapters for your existing brackets. New hoses would need to be put together most of the time as well

Rseaton

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I've seen some sort of universal bracket, but it only attaches to the compressor and needs to be attached to the block in some way, probably need to cut and weld to the original bracket. That really doesn't bother me, I can alter the exsisiting bracket if need be, but if I can find a premade bracket that will work, that is what I'd prefer. Just need to know what will definitely work. Getting custom made hoses isn't much of a worry as I can get those made locally...just depends on the hose connection at the compressor.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Complete front belt drive setup from late 90's trucks will provide premade brackets for the compressor. Will change over to a single belt as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1