Clutch Linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Your asking questions for a possible fix, and others have responded with valid questions. There could be several answers to your problem. But @AuroraGirl we can help you if you investigate and make sure things are connected right and the best way to answer you is if you provide visual.

Are the bushings in the Clutch/brake assembly new or original. Can you move the pedals side to side? Is the clutch linkage rod new, worn? Does the Z bar have all of it's components? Is it worn at the linkage rod connection? Are all the springs attached correctly and new or old? Can you manipulate the linkage rod with out moving stuff? I provided a couple pic's and don't mimick my spring locatons on the Zbar they are probably not right, just hooked up!

You must be registered for see images attach

EXCELLENT!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Clearly I am in tngat club because of the headache rqck the bumper and the other bumper. And the plow hookup. And the spare tire carrier. And the pin trailer spring thing for making pulling a simple trailer with a simple pin instead of a ball or clamshell less Bucky and jerking. All of which I neither made or installed. But the hundreds of pounds of static steeel combined with my space age weight reduction makes for a net zero weight change. Probably.

snd who can hate my pattenened sand spreader that’s self powered and functions on the entire surface of the 8ft box.
I also have this cool hidden gas filler to keep uh… siphonera.. from taking gas without looking like they are also high Messing with the wheel tub while holding a gas can.

I unfortunately stepped down from the welding clamp to positive post for plow hydraulic hookup and screw driver ignition to the Boring ways but I’ve always been a rebel

I also have a hipster hood since it’s from a 77, our 80 have a fancy hood but I went counter culture

don’t ask why but I have a 80 and a pre 76 door on my truck and it’s clearly painted to the same but one has the longer shaft and the non locking smoker window and the other don’t

You wouldn’t understand!

Sierra grande.

at one time.

60s Ford camper special mirrors

ALRIGHT FINE! You're in the club. now all i have to do is make stickers! haha probably look like this

Elite 1980 Crew
"Mechanical Clutch Professionals"

Jxhcob

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Your asking questions for a possible fix, and others have responded with valid questions. There could be several answers to your problem. But @AuroraGirl we can help you if you investigate and make sure things are connected right and the best way to answer you is if you provide visual.

Are the bushings in the Clutch/brake assembly new or original. Can you move the pedals side to side? Is the clutch linkage rod new, worn? Does the Z bar have all of it's components? Is it worn at the linkage rod connection? Are all the springs attached correctly and new or old? Can you manipulate the linkage rod with out moving stuff? I provided a couple pic's and don't mimick my spring locatons on the Zbar they are probably not right, just hooked up!

So I went and looked at some pictures online and found that there is another support for the transition which was never present on my truck... I just ordered it. also I did not realize that the fork has a boot over it until I saw your pictures as again my truck did not have it. I'm going to be doing more research to ensure that I have all of the parts as I'm 95% sure this is the issue.

Jxhcob

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

Yes, I am able to move the pedal side to side. How would I go about fixing that? I did some research and found that my truck was missing a fork boot and support for the transmission which I think could be greatly contributing to the vibrations

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yes, I am able to move the pedal side to side. How would I go about fixing that? I did some research and found that my truck was missing a fork boot and support for the transmission which I think could be greatly contributing to the vibrations
what support..?

and that boot is for dust and debris to not get into your bellhousing, i would assume premature clutch and flywheel wear would be the only concern but i could be wrong
\
the pivots of the pedal may be worn out too

Jxhcob

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
what support..?

and that boot is for dust and debris to not get into your bellhousing, i would assume premature clutch and flywheel wear would be the only concern but i could be wrong
\
the pivots of the pedal may be worn out too

There is the main support for the back of the transmission which IS present however, there is another support that goes from the main support to the frame

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Dang! All those big springs go to actuate the clutch? Man! But down on the fork all it's got is two little springs. Humm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54