climate heater light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guidster

Reaction score
First Name
DOUG
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
5.7 350
79 c1500 5.7L, manual tranny. Recently acquired rig. I don't have any heater panel light. I pulled it out somewhat and can't even see any wires. Can someone throw some love my way? How many wires SHOULD their be? What colors and where do they attach with the bulb in the panel. a pic or two would be awesome.
After that its one to installing a dome light. My rig never came with one believe it or not.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I will have to take a look at the lights for my heater controls (I happen to have the dash apart right now to replace the radio), because I don't remember how they are powered. Most of the dash lights for gauge illumination and indicators are powered by the main circuit board, but the HVAC controls are a separate item.

You can get the parts for a original dome light assembly from lmctruck.com http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=196
However, I would use this unit for the light itself , since the stock setup is not very bright. http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=97

If you have a cab courtesy light on the bottom of the dash that turns on when you rotate the headlight knob to the far left, I believe the truck is also prewired with a connector that terminates in the lower back corner of the cab on the driver's side. You just plug the dome light harness in there and run the wires up to the top of the cab where the light mounts.

FYI - The wiring for the dome light and courtesy lights is kind of backwards. On a GM vehicle the lights always have 12 volts power, but are turned on by being grounded through the door switches or through the headlight switch. This is the opposite of almost every other accessory, which are usually always grounded, but turned on by switching the 12 volt power.

Bruce

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Short update - I took a look at the LMC truck catalog and it shows a climate control light socket and bulb plugged into the back of the climate controls on the upper left side. It should be a black holder with two wires, and you remove the holder by turning it about a 1/4 turn and pulling it out to get to the bulb.

Bruce

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Thx for the post and the info, I don't think mine works (rarely drive in the dark except for hunting season).

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Not a perfect pic but you can see the light socket lying next to the control with the grey and black wires going to it. The socket installs into the rounded area on the right side of the cotrol.

Attachments

• IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 275

guidster

Reaction score
First Name
DOUG
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
5.7 350
Super

Thanks for the replies all. Much obliged. I did pick up the better LMC dome light. Have yet to install. Will do when I replace the headlight switch.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Doug - Quick question, where are you located in North Dakota?

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli