Chevy C10 disappearing clutch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hydra

Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
v8
I have a Chevy C10 4wd 1987? Hydraulic clutch.

On a recent trip I stopped to make a left turn, after oncoming traffic I revved up and released the clutch to make my turn.

Nothing.

Clutch feels normal, just went up a hill with no slipping that I noticed. Shifter feels normal. No weird noises. It is as if the 4wd drive transfer case was in neutral or the drive shaft snapped. I do not see anything unusual under the truck. Nothing in 4WD either. One minute it worked the next, Nothing, no symptoms no noises.

Any idea what happened? The truck is fifty miles from home, so I am at the mercy of a strange mechanic.

Clutch and hydraulic cylinders were replaced about 10 - 15k ago.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Just so you know for future reference, a 4x4 is a K-10, not a C. And to make it more confusing, the K turned to V for the '87 model year, since the new body style trucks that were coming out later got the C/K designation.

Without you being able to look at the truck, it's hard to say what happened. Do you know if the drive shaft spins if you put it in gear and let out the clutch?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP