checking in from Northern Virginia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lindertw

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
new guy here, wanted to say hello. I'm currently searching for a project, but in order to register I had to list truck info - more on that in a moment...

My first car was the '78 4x4 pictured below (pic circa 1980 or so, I'm the little guy in the t-shirt and ball cap standing in the bed). The truck had a bit more wear and tear when I inherited it in high school.

You must be registered for see images attach

My daughter will be nearing driving age soon, and I've been trying to figure out what to get when I hand down my well worn Honda Civic to her.

I occasionally take back roads home from work, and for the past year or so I've seen an older stepside along the route, always parked in the same spot. Recently I left a letter in the mailbox expressing interest in the truck, and received an email response that it might be available. The email stated it's a 1986 C30 LWB stepside, all original with the exception of the exhaust. Once the weather clears up I plan to arrange a visit and check out the truck.

I stumbled onto this site through a google search, while researching options on older pickups. I tend to read lots and post little, but if I have something worthwhile to contribute I'll post.

I'm impatiently waiting for spring, so I can get back to the track with this...

In the meantime I'll get back to reading the 'under construction' forum - love the build threads :D

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy! A C30 stepside is a very uncommon truck from what I can tell. Most C30's were crew cab and/or dually, not nearly as many seamed to be single rear wheel. And FAR less were a stepside.

lindertw

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Howdy! A C30 stepside is a very uncommon truck from what I can tell. Most C30's were crew cab and/or dually, not nearly as many seamed to be single rear wheel. And FAR less were a stepside.

interesting - can't wait to have a look at the RPO codes for the truck.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: from N.E.

lindertw

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
snapped a pic of the truck on my drive home today; waiting for the weather to clear up so I can stop in and visit with the owner.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It looks really nice! Although it does have one of my biggest gripes about stepsides... a fleetside rear bumper is installed. If you get the truck, please change the rear bumper :cheers:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef