"Cheap C20" build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtch

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
[Previous Update] [Next Update]
Small Update 05/04/2019

Got the wheels and tires mounted on the truck yesterday.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

And After

Also found out why the passenger window doesn't work. The pigtail on the switch is missing 3 of the 5 wires. All broken off at the connector. Picking up a new one later today.

Other misc things include trying to find out why the wipers don't work right. They come up just fine but don't go down unless i push them a bit. You can hear the motor kind of grinding when the wipers stop moving. Is this a transmission/linkage issue?

As well, the blower motor doesn't work on any speed. Need to check for power at the switch then dive in some more.

Finally, someone show me some yellow/black yellow/grey squares. I found an older (67) c10 that was yellow and grey and the paint scheme looked great. Wanna see how a square would look in that color.

dtch

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hey, I'd have a Geo Metro for a commuter. Remember those things has no value at all. Look for one now. You'll pay for it. That 3 cyl Suzyuki engine gets 45-50mpg depending on it's engine health and tune condition.

I had a 01 Metro 4cyl and a 91 Metro 3cyl. Both were only $100. Fixed a few small things and flipped them. Think I had about $250 in the 01 and sold it for $1200. The 91 I had about $180 in and sold it for $750. It's amazing what people will overlook when the paint looks good.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't even care what the paint looks like. I just want the 40mpg for like trips to my dads that's about 70 miles East of OKC.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
[Previous Update] [Next Update]
Small Update 05/04/2019

Got the wheels and tires mounted on the truck yesterday.

Before

And After

Also found out why the passenger window doesn't work. The pigtail on the switch is missing 3 of the 5 wires. All broken off at the connector. Picking up a new one later today.

Other misc things include trying to find out why the wipers don't work right. They come up just fine but don't go down unless i push them a bit. You can hear the motor kind of grinding when the wipers stop moving. Is this a transmission/linkage issue?

As well, the blower motor doesn't work on any speed. Need to check for power at the switch then dive in some more.

Finally, someone show me some yellow/black yellow/grey squares. I found an older (67) c10 that was yellow and grey and the paint scheme looked great. Wanna see how a square would look in that color.
The wheels helped quite a bit. I'm going to miss my C20... Maybe. I think the K10 with K20 springs and axles will do it for me. I always liked the stance on a C20 much better than a C10. sit's more like a truck should IMO.

dtch

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
The wheels helped quite a bit. I'm going to miss my C20... Maybe. I think the K10 with K20 springs and axles will do it for me. I always liked the stance on a C20 much better than a C10. sit's more like a truck should IMO.

You're gonna dislike the rest of the plans then. Gonna do 1 ton springs but pull a few leafs and cut a coil off. Would like to drop it about 2". Eventually it will go on air but for now it's all on the cheap.

Mini update, got the new pigtail wired in (ACD #PT254) and window works great. They give you like 12" of wire. Really nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne