Central Texas K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LowOnGas

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Whats going on guys. My name is Dustin and I am in the army, stationed currently at Fort Hood, TX. I have a 1984 k10 long bed with a carb'd 350/TH350 sitting on a 12" lift with 39.5/15/15 Trxus STS's. I bought the truck on craigslist while I was in afghanistan and am still learning new things every day about it. The main thing I've learned is that nothing is stock anymore. From the aftermarket taillights to the drywall screws and clear calking holding the dashboard in place. It's been awesome so far and love having the truck. I was driving it on the weekends then spending all week working on it while using my DD to make it to and from work..but thanks to a drunk driver this old chevy is now my DD..let the fun begin! :patriot:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome Dustin. You're learn plenty of tricks around here. First thing we teach, is how to post pics !!! :rofl: You don't even need an image hosting account to post pics here like you do on many forums. Sounds like a fun truck. Rope ladders installed??? :grd:

Don't sweat the drywall screws and caulking. 89S has or had his glovebox screwed shut, and C4 I think used some bolts from the golden gate bridge to bolt his dash down with an Oh **** grab bar. We got some engineers on board here too, so no sweat. :High 5:

So I take it the drunk took out your previous DD? Glad to hear you'd made it through OK though. And thanks for your service at Ft Hood !!! :patriot: Where is your actual home at, aka your stomping grounds?

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
12 inch lift? :jawdrop: Do you get nose bleeds? Lol. Sounds like a cool project, can't wait to see some pics.

LowOnGas

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok I'm going to take a shot at the picture thing. Not EXACTLY sure how this works but it can't be that hard. If they work their some random pictures I had taken on a semi-recent fishin trip.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sweeeeet! Looks like a pretty straight truck.

LowOnGas

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Haha! Alright I got the pictures to work finally. Anyhow rope ladders would be nice, but I use the seatbelts right now as they are just lap belts and the long end with the sliding buckle is at the door so I have been accustomed to using it a bit like a stirrup. Originally though I am from SE Louisiana, and yes I am a redneck.

By the way, it's kinda sad you mention the glovebox thing..I had to custom cut mine yesterday since it locks and I don't have the keys for it.

Fixed it's attitude problem with a pair of needle nose vise-grips and a flat tip screwdriver.. I guess I can take my gate latch back to Lowes since I won't be needing it. I kind of enjoyed the mystery of not knowing what was in the glove box..hoping I would find something fasinating..However when you enter the base they randomly do vehicle inspections and you have to open the glove box. So after my last escapade with the police I decided I had to end the mystery. Especially considering I have to drive this truck every day now..oh! and yes the drunk got my prior DD, a 2002 GMC Z71.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
dang that's a big truck and them tarz are fat!!!!!!!

like it man for sure.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Oh yeah, That's a nice rig. Feel the for the wallet in gas though having to drive it daily.

We can help with the glove box latch problem too.
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606

Welcome!
Truck looks better than you described it!
First thing I would do is see if the gears in the axles have been changed or not, to acommodate the larger tires, then make sure the carburetor is in order, Maybe a pro rebuild. Then a full AC Delco tune up.
If the gears have not been changed to a lower gear ratio, that may be where a big portion of your fuel is going.

Last edited:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Holy crap 39.5s on 10-bolt axles! Go through many u-joints? I know I did with 38s and 12-bolt rear/10-bolt front. Welcome to the forum, truck looks mean!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome to the site from a Pennsylvania redneck, lol!!!! Thanks for serving us sir! :patriot:

Truck is sweet man, I got screws and caulk holding the ass end of my Suburban together, don;t feel bad. :roflbow:

Now, more importanly, I see some fishing poles in the back, I wanna hear some fishing stories too man!!! :grd:

:happy160:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Welcome to the site from a Pennsylvania redneck, lol!!!! Thanks for serving us sir! :patriot:

Truck is sweet man, I got screws and **** holding the ass end of my Suburban together, don;t feel bad. :roflbow:

Now, more importanly, I see some fishing poles in the back, I wanna hear some fishing stories too man!!! :grd:

:happy160:

^^^^Fixed it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000