Carb decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Its worth it to send the carburetor out to a reputable shop that can actually test it afterwards to make sure its set up right for your engine.

I rebuilt my Quadrajet with one of Cliff Ruggles' kits several years ago, and it worked great on a nearly stock 350. However, after swapping to aluminum heads and a bigger cam it has been a struggle to get it working smoothly again. Cliff sent me replacement rods and jets that are a better match to the new engine parts, along with some other upgraded parts, but it still took a lot of experimentation to iron out the kinks. I'm still not 100% satisfied that I have it set up right, and there are still quite a few possible "tweaks" I could try. My point is that it may be better to pay a good carburetor shop to set it up for you.

Bruce

noah_t

Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just contacted cliff about mine and waiting to hear back from him. I saw on his website that it could take up too 12 weeks though. I’ve also been talking to mountain man fuel systems and the carb shop in Ontario California. They both are around $200 for a rebuild plus shipping. Was wondering if anyone had prior experience with either of those.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Just send your old one to Mountain Man Fuel and Carb in Hacket, AR. They professionally remanufacture it to the specs you want, and they do a fantastic job with it. It’s $200 plus return shipping for a standard reman that includes primary throttle bushing. They probably charge more if you want it hopped up, but I’d call them and ask. They did a great job for me.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Well ****....wish i knew that back when I had the quadrajet on it.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I just contacted cliff about mine and waiting to hear back from him. I saw on his website that it could take up too 12 weeks though. I’ve also been talking to mountain man fuel systems and the carb shop in Ontario California. They both are around $200 for a rebuild plus shipping. Was wondering if anyone had prior experience with either of those.
What's the name of the California shop. Got a friend building a 396 for his 66 Impala SS, he needs some carb work done and Cali is closer to us than the others

noah_t

Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The website is customcarbs.com and the Facebook page is carb shop

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Cliff can do a great job if you can send him your cam profile, bore and stroke and what heads, valve size and intake you have.

noah_t

Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would like to have cliff rebuild mine, but he has so many coming in that it’ll take a long time for it to be done. On his website it says up to 12 weeks and I don’t really want to wait that long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85