Can you convert 4wd to 2wd... without changing front suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
You could.
Get a 2wd config trans, a carrier bearing bracket, a 2wd long ned 2 piece shaft, and just let the front axle float free. Bada bing bada boom, 2wd K10.
Itd probaly ride exactly the same as it did before, and I dont think the drive shaft angle would ne a problem, because itd be like doing a lift kit on a 2wd.
I wouldn't do it personally, kind of a waste of time, but it could work.
The parts you need cant be too hard to find or too expensive. You'll probaly spend just as much time, money, and energy, to modify it to run 2wd as it would just be to just go to a junkyard and get the 4x4 parts you need.
Doable, but I wouldn't. Good luck

cstew47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
My head hurts trying to understand this. If you are going to convert to 2WD, how will you handle the front diff? I would think that a 2WD straight front axle assembly would be a pretty easy find in a junkyard. You might even be able to get a disc brake setup. As far as the rest, you'll need to lengthen the drive shaft and that should be it. You will increase your mileage and reduce maintenance expense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell