Cadillac engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
My neighbor has a 77 caddy with a 425 engine in it. Im sure the engine will fit in my square. My question is how hard would it be to make it match up to my sm465. I assume the crank would have to be machined to accept the pilot bearing. And most likely a adapter plate? This isnt likely goin to be done soon but it is a very good possibility in the future. He just bought the eldorado for a couple hundred so he could booze cruize the gravel roads for hours just idling along. So i know the condition that it is currently will be the condition it is when he is ready to sell it. And i know ill get it for about what he paid for it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My neighbor has a 77 caddy with a 425 engine in it. Im sure the engine will fit in my square. My question is how hard would it be to make it match up to my sm465. I assume the crank would have to be machined to accept the pilot bearing. And most likely a adapter plate? This isnt likely goin to be done soon but it is a very good possibility in the future. He just bought the eldorado for a couple hundred so he could booze cruize the gravel roads for hours just idling along. So i know the condition that it is currently will be the condition it is when he is ready to sell it. And i know ill get it for about what he paid for it.
Be a lot easier with an automatic lol

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
IIRC, you may encounter some unique mounting issues due to the casting differences in the FWD version.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Well thats alot more machine work than id want. If i end up ever doing a caddy swap ill make sure to find a rwd one. Thanks

Sublime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
m
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So a guy at work has been trying to get me to put a caddy "torque monster" engine in mine. He says they make conversions kits but I cannot remember the name......

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
More fun with a stick tho lol
Yeah if you divorce your case and put a Super T10 in between not a granny Tranny lol been there done that not a fan lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
If you wanted to run a stick, I think advance adapters would be my first phone call. Get a custom bell housing, and probably a custom flywheel too.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
If you wanted to run a stick, I think advance adapters would be my first phone call. Get a custom bell housing, and probably a custom flywheel too.
This exactly. That's who I used when I did my 350/turbo400 Toyota monster pickup. Was able to bolt it all up to the stock mounts and t-case. I don't see why a Caddy to square would be any harder, hell at least you have the room instead of a little *** truck...

My neighbor has a 77 caddy with a 425 engine in it. He just bought the eldorado for a couple hundred so he could booze cruize the gravel roads for hours just idling along.

Hah, reminds me of the '63 buick I had years ago with a 401 nailhead, never once was registered. Strictly a late night back roads car when I wanted to throw a hundred people in it and go for a cruise, maybe make some noise once in a while. Man I should have never gotten rid of that thing though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus