C30 Camper Special Fuel Filler Inlet question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Oh well thanks keith. Either way it is definitely pretty wizzard. Is there any room on the OPs inside frame rail for a slightly slimmer or custom gas tannk? The frame is wider and taller than a 3/4 ton or half ton, right? If so, I would get a aux gas tank, usually plastic, meant for high mileage peepoples, install the one fuel filler slightly higher, and then plumb to a aux tank on the inside of the frame rail on that side of truck. If you wanted to keep it like it kinda is.
You must be registered for see images attach

this ford(The left one not the yellow) has a system like this
You must be registered for see images attach

with a small guard in the bed to cover the part that pokes through like squares have already, and ford never mounted saddles but if they could fit a tank on the inside(it was triangular, with the open area facing the driveshaft) you could do something that would fill a lot more behaved like. Just an idea. I only know about this because I went down a rabbit hole after I learned my ford trailer had the factory aux tank as a truck and my really weird filler neck is just like that one and thought that was cool.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Farmall_King looks like you got most of what you need, to try it out. But can you fish a pipe in there without lifting the bed?
I’d like to believe it worked at least reasonably well originally?
Wouldn’t cost much to try it out.
If it don’t work, worst case, find a body shop that can stamp in a recess for a gas filler on the drivers side in the OE location.
Or, on this forum, there was a guy who made his own die out of common materials, if I recall, and formed that recess to add a second tank. Didn’t seem overly difficult (if you poach his stamp design, lol) and it looked great!

Farmall_King

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Here’s the decal in the cab there’s a large toggle switch below it. Then it has a smaller identical decal below the toggle switch.

Attachments

• 3B5D77FC-824E-4E17-A1C1-B3B97DF047AA.jpeg
    3B5D77FC-824E-4E17-A1C1-B3B97DF047AA.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 59

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Definitely an aftermarket option.
Does it appear that the truck was originally a dual tank truck? (Likely not because that would be a lot of effort just to not have to pull around the gas station to fill the other tank)
Hard to believe anyone would order (dealer or customer) a big block dually without the second tank.

Curious to see how well it works. Considering it looks like a legit aftermarket option at the time, it should work?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128