Broken passenger side OEM bucket seat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
The other day I used the lever on the side of the passenger side seat and leaned the backside of the seat all the way as far as it would go to haul some stuff through the back window.

After unloading what was being hauled I bring the back side of the back up and now all it does swing wont latch to stay in place. The whole seat wont stay in place either when sliding it forward or backwards too.

97 K1500 ext. cab

Last edited:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
dumbfounded :crazy:

Wrecker

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
85 and 87
Truck Model
K30 and c10
Engine Size
6.2 and 5.7
I've got a 97 too. That seat will screw with your brain. Mine will not return to normal operation until I forcibly return the back to the upright position. That has to happen first if I remember right. Then the forward/bacward adjustment on the side will work. Until it stays upright the forward/back won't latch. Hope that's all it is.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I was able to fix after playing with the springs and levers under the seat. Something must got stuck when I leaned the seat all back when hauling some stuff though the back window.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firewolf3640