Bright/turn signal lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
So on my truck I no longer have brights, the lever works for the signals, but not for the brights. Wanting to know if it's the actual lever before i get another. Also, i don't hear it clicking anymore like it should when I pull it towards me. If so how hard is it to replace that? I take it you have to pull the column or the wheel to get to it?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
It's probably the dimmer switch - which is located right next to the ignition switch. You just remove the cover plate from under the column and then release the two nuts that secure the column bracket to the instrument panel support. The column can then be allowed to rest on the front seat while you change the dimmer switch. It is shown in yellow below. Total time to R & R - maybe two hours tops:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here hit this link and read post #5 - somebody with way too much time on their hands wrote a frickin' novel on the procedure. Probably took longer to write it than it does to do the job. It is actually about the ignition switch but it's basically the same job:

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16237&highlight=column

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli